Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

2011 was an eventful year. Since 2007, I have been researching my genealogy. In 2009, I was able to visit Kansas and meet my Copeland, Finney, and McKay relations. From that point, I also corresponded with them via email and snail mail, as well as through phone calls. I also gathered more information from them, as well as from internet sources.


In 2010, I published "An American Genealogy: The Copeland Family of Montgomery County Kansas.

In 2011, I published "An American Genealogy: The Finney Family History and Genealogy."
 
In 2012, I will continue working on "An American Genealogy: The McKinlay and McKay Family Legacy" (tentative title) that will explore my grandmother Agnes Elizabeth McKay Copeland's family, including her father Benjamin Franklin McKay and her mother Margaret McKinlay McKay, as well as Margaret's parents Peter and Agnes Frew Miller McKinlay who brought their family from Glasgow, Scotland to Montgomery County Kansas in 1872!
 
Discovering my ancestry, finding genealogical facts and photos, and connecting with living descendants who are my distant relations has been and is a most rewarding part of my day-to-day life!
 
Happy New Year to one and all - love, Cousette Copeland

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home