Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year Gratitude

As 2011 begins, I think about the extended family I met while researching my genealogy. Instead of just names and dates of dead people, I found living descendants. This year, heir Christmas cards outnumbered those from my immediate family and long-time friends! The warmth and openness that they share has enriched my life.
When I first saw old-time photos of my ancestors and their families, I said to myself "blood of my blood, these are my people." I could see my late Father's face in so many of those ancestors' faces. I feel his lifeforce in the energy and integrity of the people I have met or communicated with.
I wish them all, as well as others searching out their genealogy, a very Happy New Year filled with peace, joy, and well-being!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home