Sunday, October 24, 2010

Serendipity - McKay meeting!

Last weekend, I was at FedEx sending a CD to my publisher. It's for the Copeland book - the hardcover version. The young man asked me what the book was about and I told him. I said that the next book was going to be about my McKay/McKinlay relations. He said HE was a McKay! He was only 25 - but knew all about McKay history back to Scotland with the wars and the Clearances. His branch of the family came to Nova Scotia, instead of the colonies. He said in his line, there are no more "pure" Scots, as his grandfather had married a French Arcadian woman, and his father had married a woman of German descent. He himself was married to an Ethiopian, and they were expecting their first child - a son! I found it fascinating to talk to him about his branch of the McKays and am thrilled that young people are interested in their family ancestry too!

MANU FORTI!

Most of you know that I started a new job in September, and progress on the McKay/McKinlay and Finney books has been delayed, but not forgotten. I have lots of ideas and I've been jotting them down and emailing some people. I thank you for your patience and for your contributions.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At January 5, 2011 at 7:52 PM , Blogger TCasteel said...

It is always great fun to meet up with someone who's not only shares our surname but is also excited about their family history! What a great little chance meeting.
Regards,
Theresa (Tangled Trees)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home