Monday, September 6, 2010

McKays meet Cousette in Santa Clara!


Cousette Copeland and Donna McKay Lund; Deanna Lund, Cousette Copeland, Michelle Lund
A week ago, the descendants of my grandmother Agnes Elizabeth McKay's younger brother Donald McKay, came to Santa Clara CA to meet with me. Donald's son Robert Maurice McKay died in Sept 2009. From the obituary, I found his daughter Donna McKay Lund.

Donna and her daughters Deanna and Michelle came to my home. Donna and Deanna had flown in from Washington, and Michelle lives in Pleasanton. Donna brought a suitcase with photos, obituaries, and other momentos - including a rolled up family chart drawn by Agnes and Donald's older brother - Walter Scott McKay.

We spent a happy and busy few hours sharing stories and photos, doing computer ancestry search on Donna's maternal line, eating lunch, and enjoying meeting our blood relations! I look forward to continued contact with Donna and her family - my new McKay (McKai) cuzzins!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home