Thursday, August 12, 2010

McKays and McKinlays

I am now beginning serious research on McKay and McKinlay descendants.

I've been in contact with McKay and McKinlay cuzzins and they are sharing information.

One McKay descendant is coming to the San Jose area in 1 week and I'll meet her and hear about her side of the family. Can you believe it - her daughter lives here (married so a different name). This is yet another instance of relations living nearby and us not knowing!

Spoke to 82 year old Melvin Koons (a Copeland cuzzin) in Arizona - who said when he was growing up in Oklahoma - everyone knew everyone and all their relations.

By writing these American Genealogy books, this is a way for all of us to get to know each other!

I'm not forgeting my Copeland cuzzins. It took all my life to find them, and I feel so 'rich' to have connected with them!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home