Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!


Copeland family by the house 1893 CLOSEUP (look at the size of that rooster!)
George Copeland sent me another wonderful photo.

I think this one is from 1893. There is the Father of the Copeland family - Abner Copeland in a suit with a bristly beard, his wife Samantha with a white apron covering her pregnant belly. Then 3 boys. I believe the boys are from left to right - 6 ear old Ezra Copeland, 8 year old William Copeland (my grandfather), and on the ground is 3 year old Emery Copeland (George's father).

I think Samantha is pregnant with Charles Orien Copeland, who was born in March 1893.

Happy Father's Day to all of the wonderful Father's in our family and in yours!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home