Thursday, April 15, 2010

What price books?

I was at the bookstore and discovered "Who Do You Think You Are?" by ancestry.com's chief genealogical consultant Megan Smolenyak. Her 204 page book sells for $24.95 - the same price as my "An American Genealogy: The Copeland Family of Montgomery County Kansas" book (which is 494 pages for the 7 x 10 copy, which will be available on amazon.com - or 532 pages for the 6 x 10 copy, of which I have a very limited pre-print run).

BOTH are good values.

Megan's book is an "essential guide to tracing your family history" and is "a companion to the NBC series." My book has all of the research done, and it is told in an interview form with each of the original Copeland family members, and complimented by hundreds of photos!

I read the book this afternoon and found out about a whole bunch of resources that I didn't know about. That was good info because if I hit dead ends with the next batch of research, I have other resources to look at. Great!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home