Friday, April 30, 2010

Happy 82nd Birthday, Melvin Koons!


May 1st 2010 will be a day to say

Happy Birthday, Melvin Koons!

I like this photo of you because I think it captures your on-the-go and get-it-done personality.

We've only talked on the phone twice, but I feel like I've known you most of my life. You would have been my Dad's cousin, had he lived and I think he would have liked you a lot!

This past year, you introduced me to your Mother Pearl Copeland's 'magic trunk' and all the family treasures inside. You provided the majority of photos that are in my book, and you had the technical expertise to spend hours scanning and emailing photos or sending them on CD. I cannot thank you enough.

I think that your mother Pearl Copeland and your father Frank Wilburn Koons would be very proud of all that you have done in your life, of your 3 sons, and of your 2 grandchildren. They would be happy to know that you chose a lovely woman in Earlene to marry and be by your side all these years.


Happy Birthday, Melvin and may you have many more!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home