Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Where Did I Come From - Joel Stein's Time Magazine article

Joel Stein writes "No one is more interested in himself than I am. And yet even I don't care about my genealogy."

A relative tries to generate his interest in the family history. Stein sees that an ancestress wrote down her place of origin as Poland, and then crossed it out and wrote Austria. Stein says, "These are counries that don't even border each other. I come from stupid people. You know how I know that? Because I had to look up whether those countries border each other."

He talks about the two new genealogy shows "Faces of America" and "Who Do You Think You Are" and says that the stories are "fascinating, but probably only because she's a celebrity."

There you have it - not everyone is interested in family genealogy! haha

Read the full Time Magazine article here: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1966469,00.html

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home