Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Where Did I Come From, by Joel Stein, Time magazine

For a hilarious take on how many people view the idea of genealogy, take a look at this web site:



Joseph writes, "No one is more interested in himself than I am. And yet even I don't care about my genealogy."


He'll make you l augh as a relative tries to suck him into the genealogist's enthusiasm, and speculates on the 2 genealogy shows Faces of America and Who Do You Think You Are.


He says, when he finds out that a census reveals that his ancestor said she came from Poland, and then changed it to Austria. "These are countries that don't even border each other. I come from stupid people. You know how I know that? Because I had to look up whether those countries border each other."


Not everyone is interested in what we genealogists and family history buffs are interested in. That amazes me!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home