Tuesday, February 23, 2010

First day of the rest of our lives....


Little did I imagine that researching the family tree would be an endless, but enjoyable, journey.

With my Father's death in 1972, there was no one who knew about his parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. How was I to find my Father's family tree? With an old typewritten chart, and handful of photographs and letters, I began my search in 2008.

Using the internet, I found an impressive collection of early colonial settlers that led to large farm families in Montgomery County, Kansas.

From there, I connected with new relations and discovered the rich history of my family. From this history, I am creating a series of books that will begin with “An American Genealogy: the Copeland Family of Montgomery County, Kansas.” The Copeland volume will be published in 2010. Near completion, it has over 400 photographs and I use each of the ancestor's "voices" to tell the story of their lives and their history.

By 2011, I will publish "An American Genealogy: the Finney Family of Montgomery County, Kansas" and "An American Genealogy: the McKay and McKinlay Families of Montgomery County, Kansas."

Welcome to my world!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home